How many different Catch-A-Lure options are there?
There are 4 options:
- Fly Fishing Catch-A-Lure (FF-CAL): Retrieval tool harmlessly attaches directly to your fly rod tip-top. Fits Rods 2-10wt. Use for flys, streamers and small metal spinners size 0-1.
- Telescopic Fly Fishing Catch-A-Lure (TFF-CAL: Retrieval tool comes attached to a stainless steel telescopic pole. Extends from 1' 3" to 6’ 9”.
- Conventional Catch-A-Lure (C-CAL): Retrieval tool harmlessly attaches to any fresh water conventional fishing rod. ie; Bass Rod/Pole or Trout Fishing Rod/Pole. Use for light to medium tackle and big flys such as musky size.
- Telescopic Conventional Catch-A-Lure (TC-CAL): Retrieval tool comes attached to a stainless steel telescopic pole. Extends to 8’ 6”.
Will Catch-A-Lure harm my rod?
No, neither retrieval tool will in any way harm your rod or pole. The design of this product puts almost no pressure on the rod blank or tip-top. It is made to cut fishing line, quickly & easily without much of an effort.
Will Catch-A-Lure cut braided line?
Yes, it will cut braided line.
Will Fly Fishing Catch-A-Lure work on larger flies and lures?
It does, but the magnets are thinner & made to selectively hold a lighter fly or streamer. If you fly fish get this one unless your using musky flys, then we recommend C-CAL because of stronger magnet to larger hooks.
Will Fly Fishing Catch-A-Lure fit on my conventional fishing rod?
What lures does Conventional Catch-A-Lure retrieve?
If it has a hook or treble hook then C-CAL will get it. Bass lures, rapalas, poppers, spinners, crank baits, wormys, musky flys, you name it C-CAL can get it if it has a steel hook on it.
Will Conventional Catch-A-Lure work retrieve flies?
Will Conventional Catch-A-Lure fit on my fly rod?
Can the telescopic pole of either Fly Fishing or Conventional Catch-A-Lure models be disconnected so I can use the product directly on my rod?
Yes it is two products in one. It can easily be disconnected & reconnected by removing a set-screw.
Can I use either Catch-A-Lure retrievers to cut a tree branch?
Never! Tree branches are heavier to move than any fish. Cutting the line is the key to the efficiency of FF-CAL or C-CAL.
What does Fly Fishing Catch-A-Lure weigh (without the telescopic pole)?
What does Conventional Catch-A-Lure weigh (without the telescopic pole)?
Advantages of using Catch-A-Lure Retrievers:
- Can be used from a shoreline, wading or on a boat.
- Cuts your line easily at a safe distance when lure is tangled in tree. Mono, Braided up to 25lbs test.
- Helps avoid contact with critters that live in trees & bushes. Great with mangroves.
- Easily stores in a vest or tackle box.
- Reduces environmental impact - Keeps humans and animals from getting caught on lost hooks that litter our waterways.
- Helps you get your fly or lure back, saving you time and money.